Every chef in Elite Havens has his or her signature creations – the ones guests ask for again and again. This month, the chef at Villa Issi shares two of his gourmet dishes with us. Try these recipes at home and get ready to wow your guests at future dinner parties.
Shredded organic chicken breast with homemade tomato sauce
- 150 gr chicken breast
- 25 gr bean sprout
- 5 gr romaine lettuce
- 10 gr tomatoes, diced
- 10gr red chillies, diced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 5gr garlic, diced
- 5gr shallot, diced
- Salt & pepper
- 2 – 3 star fruit slices (optional)
- Grill chicken breast for 5 -6 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken breast to a bowl, allow to cool and shred the chicken meat with 2 forks.
- To make tomato sauce, heat olive oil in a pan.
- Sauté diced tomatoes, garlic, red chillies and shallots.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Mix shredded chicken breast and bean sprouts with tomato sauce.
- Place romaine lettuce on top of a plate, serve the chicken and garnish with star fruit (if using).
TUNA SAMBAL MATAH
Pan-seared Tuna with shallot, garlic, lemongrass sambal and fresh mango salad.
- 200 gr tuna loin
- 100gr young mango, cut into long thin strips
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper and paprika powder
- Sweet chilli dressing
- 50gr sautéed asparagus
- Steamed rice wrapped in coconut leaves (optional)
For the sambal:
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 lemongrass stems, finely chopped
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Season tuna with salt, black pepper, and paprika powder.
- Mix the sliced young mango with sweet chilli dressing.
- Sear tuna loin on a pan about 5-8 minutes and cut into 4 slices.
- To make sambal, mix all the ingredients for sambal in a bowl.